Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Searching for a Book

There is a book that was written in 1988 that is a collection of history and biographies for the area just south of Evans, Colorado, including the Big Bend where the John McAfee and Majorie Stevenson McAfee ranch was located. I tried to get a copy on Inter-Library Loan through the Mesa Public Library. They were unable to locate a copy where the holder was willing to loan it out. I believe that there is a copy in the Family History Library at Salt Lake City, Utah. If anyone near there would like to review the book to see if there is any genealogical information pertinent to our McAfee family, I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, I will look it up the next time I am in Salt Lake. The book is titled, "Around and About La Salle: Beebe Draw - Big Bend, Peckham, Colorado" and was written by Carol Frances Connell. (www.worldcat.org says that there are also copies in Colorado Springs, Boulder, and Greeley, Colorado.)

1 comment:

  1. I am sitting with a copy of the book and in the surname content section the McAfee name is not listed . I will have the book a few days if there might be other key names etc. I can look at for you.

    ReplyDelete